Search This Blog

Thursday, October 14, 2010

DIVA!!!!

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, so I thought I'd pay tribute to the baddest survivor to ever beat her feet across this rock.

This is my mama. I love her to bits. She drives me mad, but it's her job. 

At 24, on her way to JFK's inaugural ball...she knew she was hot shit.  

My mother is celebrating her 10th year in remission. She's a tough old broad...and that's one of the things I respect and love the most about her. 

If anyone's out there and wants to throw the spotlight on someone close to them who's either fought and won, fighting now, or fought and lost the battle against the soul-crushing disease known as cancer (all types welcome, not restricted to breast cancer)...speak on it. 

*drops mic*

No comments:

Post a Comment